So you have purchased our Meari device hardware and are starting to use the Meari device software and all its functionalities! Any information you share with us (e.g. for creating a Meari Account) will help us to provide you with services related
an individual, either from that information alone, or from that information and other information we have access to about that individual. We collect both personal and non-personal data to enable and facilitate the best user experience possible.
What information is collected and how do we use it?
Types of Personal Data Collected
- In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary personal data that is required to provide those services. If you do not provide your personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
Set up and log in of Meari Account.Personal data that are collected for creating a Meari Account may include your email address or mobile phone number, location related information (e.g. location area code, mobile network
and country codes).
Activating Meari device.When you activate the Meari device, we may collect details you provide as part of your profile such as your birthday, picture and signature.
Sync Meari device data.When you synchronise the Meari device data, e.g. to Meari device Cloud Service, we may collect data relating to your activities and functionalities of Meari device, such as those obtained from our sensors
and features on Meari device, your sleeping patterns, movement data and smart alarm related information.
Sharing your content.When you share content or send information to family and friends, we may collect personal information of those people, such as their names, email addresses, telephone numbers. You hereby represent and
warrant that you have obtained necessary consent for use of third parties' personal data if you choose to provide them to us. When you share content or invite users to use Meari device, please note that other users may see personal data you
Processing the services.In providing the above services, we may also collect data in relation to your device, including your Meari device ID, firmware version, device OS version, model and system, and visiting IP and time.
How the Personal Data is used
- To provide you with our products and services, processing your orders, performing contractual obligations between you and us, to ensure the functions and safety of our products, to verify your identity, to prevent and trace fraudulent or inappropriate
- To develop our products and services, together with general and statistical information
- To communicate with you, including providing you with notifications on products and services that are updated or launched
- To personalise product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, for example, recommending and displaying information suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of Meari device
- To conduct investigations regarding our products and services
- If you participate in our lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your personal data to manage such activities
- To provide maintenance services, monitor software licenses, to improve our products or analyse the efficiency of our operations